Conveyancing is the legal process whereby ownership in immovable property is transferred from one party to another. Each time a property is sold; a new deed of transfer must be drawn up and registered. This is to ensure the security and certainty of an owner’s title to his property. Conveyancing also involves various other acts such as the registration of a bond or a real right over the property.
Your home is usually the biggest and most valuable asset you will have. So it is appropriate that a specialist should deal with any aspect of your rights to land, whether it is about the ownership, use, transfer or any other aspect relating to land. This is also why all transactions relating to land must be recorded in writing, registered and stored at the relevant branch of the South African Deeds Office around the country.
What Is A Conveyancer?
A conveyancer is an attorney with a post-graduate qualification who by law is the only person who can register property transactions in the Deeds Office. This is necessary to ensure the protection of the various interests the parties have in the transaction and to safeguard the integrity of the South African land registration system.
The seller usually appoints a Conveyancer to attend to the transfer of fixed property, although this, like other aspects of a sale agreement, can be varied by negotiation between the parties. Regardless, of who appoints the conveyancer, the conveyancer owes a duty of care to both parties and must represent both parties fairly.
Need Help With Conveyancing?
Denoon Sampson Ndlovu Inc is one of the most experienced property law firms in Johannesburg and we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our clients:
- Quicker than average turnaround times;
- Accurate and speedy processing of your bond registration;
- Management and staff are directly contactable and available;
- Continuous “hands on” partner management;
- Weekly progress reports/milestone updates;
- Effective and quick resolution of problems and disputes;
- Subdivision expertise;
- A 25 year reputation for integrity and reliability;
- We are consistently ranked as top performers by Standard Bank; Absa Bank; Nedbank; First National Bank- rated by speed, least errors and the highest volume.
- State-of-the-art technology developed especially to enhance communication and service delivery.
Need help with conveyancing?
At Denoon Sampson Ndlovu, we ensure that smooth property transfer processes take place.
Fast forward your property transfer by avoiding potentially costly pitfalls with hands on conveyancing attorneys.